Monday, September 16, 2013

ANOTHER WEEKEND RECAP


First I want to apologize for not posting last week. Between work, school and being sick I had zero energy. This past weekend I rested and allowed my body to heal, here is a quick recap of my weekend.

MY HOMEMADE VEGGIE SOUP FOR THE SOUL & SNIFFLES


MEEMS RECIPE:

Ingredients:

  • A variety of vegetables (onions, carrots, celery, leeks, mushrooms, etc)
  • Your choice of seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic, bay leaves, basil, rosemary, dill, parsley etc.)
  • Water

Preparation:

1. Place vegetables and seasonings in a large pot, and cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour.
4. Then, strain out the vegetables, and your broth is ready for use.

Soup Preparation:

5. Once the broth is ready - then you can add in the veggies. I personally like to add lentils, carrots, mushrooms, cauliflower, sweet onion, red skin potatoes and more carrots!
6. Let the soup simmer for about an hour ... & enjoy! Your home will smell like a visit to your grandmothers house - its good for you!




Just to share... my freshly groomed Lola.... adorable right?



I also want to share a new book I started this past week and already about 75% done. For the Francophile's out there, I recommend this good read.  Eloisa James is the author of Paris in Love: A Memoir, chronicling her joyful year in one of the most beautiful cities in the world



How was your weekend? 
xo










No comments:

Post a Comment