Monday, March 3, 2014

DECORATE FOR LESS - MONOCHROMATIC GALLERY WALL

I don't know about you but Pintrest has me feeling like Martha Stewart meets Nate Burkus meets Daniel Boulud! Ive been cooking and baking and decorating up a storm.  Believe it or not, with as many projects as I have gotten from Pintrest, it  has saved me money in decorating by recreating looks with DIY projects. 

Lately, Ive been loving Gallery Walls , especially a monochromatic white look.  I found a few pre-made ones I loved at West Elm, but the price was a bit too steep for what I wanted to spend. 

I did my research, looked online and compared prices....I  realized what I wanted would have to be created by moi.  Pintrest to the rescue! I found a few images of what I was looking to create and I pulled it off! Here are the looks that inspired me via Pintrest.







The Gallery Wall I created will be going up in the hallway entrance of my apartment with nine 13 by 13 frames matching the height of the top of the door frame down to the floor. I chose to place fabric in each photo window to display the colors and fabrics being used throughout our home. I enjoy a clean palate of colors and wanted to set the mood upin entering our home. Our gallery would be an awkward place for pictures especially since the gallery will placed high up and end closer to the floor, our gallery is used to create a visual experience of height not to display photos. 

*I do however recommend if you chose a wall gallery placed in a room to use pictures or images.

For the inside of the frame I used fabrics and leather swatches  from Restoration Hardware. I chose color swatches from our couch, living room chairs and other pieces in our home. Restoration charges around $2-$4 dollars a swatch but a few of ours were free when we ordered our furniture. I cut each swatch and placed them in a frame.

Our color palette to include fabrics and leather swatches. In person, each swatch has an organic texture that looks really interesting and as a whole looks expensive.

West Elm 13 by 13 frames in white with white matting (purchased on sale)



.
Here is the final product, when you see it in person you an see all the different textures and leather fabrics. These will be hung this week, final photo to follow with a closer view of the textures.

I hope this inspires you to create something unique for your home. You don't have to spend a great deal of money to accomplish a look, it is all about personal style and putting your own creative thoughts to use. Pintrest is a great site to help bring out your creativity. 

xo
Meems




No comments:

Post a Comment