Monday, December 10, 2012

HAIR TALES




Ive dyed it. Permed it. Bleached it. Chopped it. Burnt it. Stripped it and literally killed it.... Then about 8 years ago, I added 5 lbs of recycled hair just to test how strong my hair really was. Taking my extensions out was no walk in the park. I had a really hard time removing them not because I was gonna miss the Kardashian-esq hair, but a fear of the unknown. What was under the 5 lbs of doll hair? Was there anything at all? 

I finally did it and it felt amazing. ahhhh my scalp was able to breathe and my posture was better. Ok, that's going a bit far but "hey, they did weigh alot!" My hair, well I wouldn't describe it as amazing. Far from it. 

So, I had to start a hair regime to bring back life to my sad lifeless hair. Ive compiled a list of Tried & Tested products that have worked and continue to work wonders. Even better, most are plant based. Hair you are ;)

  1. Cardiovascular Research Megabiotin 7,500 mcg $15.49 The name sounds more serious than it is. Ive been using this now for 2 months & Ive just started to notice a difference.  Taking care of your hair shouldn't just be applying products on the outside, nourish your body from the inside too. More Biotin please :)
  2. Phtyopolleine Universal Elixir $32 A FAVORITE of mine. This powerful smelling scalp treatment is massaged onto your scalp and left on to tingle for about 20 minutes twice a week. This is my absolute must treatment for my hair. If I had to pick one, this would be it. My blowouts have lasted longer since using this and an added bonus... softer and more manageable. Plant based & Eco friendly
  3. L'oreal EverPure Shampoo & Conditioner $6.99 each. Sulfate free shampoo & conditioner that does not dry out my hair and smells like a spa. Its the only drugstore sulfate free shamp/condish that I swear by. Oh and it 100% Vegan
  4. Phytocyane Revitalizing Serum for thinning hair $50. The product tells you to use an ampule a day. Ive found that its just too much product for my thin hair. I can go about 3 uses with one ampule and the results have been great, my hair is noticeably softer and voluminous. Plant based & Eco friendly
  5. DermoOrganic Firm Hold Volume Foam $15  Provides a sticky free root lift and holds up on long days at the office. Eco friendly! Aerosol and alcohol free 
Remember, it took time to damage your hair so any good you do won't  happen over night. Consistency is key. Happy Styling!










No comments:

Post a Comment