Monday, July 22, 2013

THIS & THAT

Hope you all had a great weekend! Just want to share a few things while I sip my morning coffee.....
 
 

 
 
#1. I started this book on Friday and cant seem to put it down! Its a truly enjoyable read. Ideal for finding a cozy nook (couch corner with my Voluspa Macaron candle burning), enjoying lemon water  all alone learning about the Ooh La La! I plan on picking up her other 2 Parisian books  Bonjour Happiness and her first book French Women Don't Sleep Alone
 
The author writes about her affection on finding why french women have so much of, how you say..... je nais se quoi! The book also gives women permission to just be sometimes, to love, to be sexy, to enjoy life as naturally as you can with pure confidence in who you are. So many American women don't know how to do that...but Jaimie Cat Callan does....and her charming book tells us how  - Thank you Jamie!


 
#2. Lana Del Ray's - This is what makes us girls... has been on repeat all weekend! Her voice is haunting but her album slightly depressing so I have to pick and choose the songs that are enjoyable for me & this one takes the cake - Summer Sadness & Young and Beautiful are my runner ups.
 
 
 
#3. My new Gym song - starting off slow for a warm up on the bike and headed into a hard intense bike ride to the beat when Jay Z's rap comes in. I'm obsessed. Cant wait to workout to this for the next month! (also hoping he appears at Beyonce's concert at the Barclay's Center next month)
 
& that's all she wrote.....How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Merci beaucoup, Marlena! You are so sweet to mention Ooh La La! xo Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love this book! Hope you make it to NYC! & luckily, the copy I purchased from Barnes and Nobles was an autographed copy.

      With love,

      Your #1 NYC fan!

      Delete