Monday, February 24, 2014

MINIMAL MONDAYS


Living in NYC has made me learn how to truly simply my life and live more "minimalistically" if thats evern a word?

If  you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’ve probably noticed that my subject matter drifts from serious posts to the mundane, from the deep to the shallow. Some days I feel like pondering the meaning of life, and others just pondering how many shoes I own.

Today, I want to quickly tackle towels.Yep, towels. Ok, so this post is not a moving post just a quick share.

We have a linen closet, however we didnt feel it necessary to use it for linens so we converted it into a storage closet for cleaning products, our beloved dyson, and laundry essentials. For our bedsheets and extra lines we use a hanging shelf in the "his" closet because there is no room for it in the "her" closet. ;)

When we decluttered before our move, we found that we had somehow accumulated way too many sheets and towels for a household of two. We’re not sure exactly how it happened, but we ended up with quite a collection: “everyday” linens, “good” linens, “guest” linens, “emergency” linens, etc. Instead of decluttering an older set, I’d hold onto it “just in case. There was never a just incase. 

I made the bold move to get rid of the unmatching, "just in case" sets and before your knew it I had chucked out everything. I went towel crazy. 

Here is the set we, I mean I, chose - ok, we have a few others stationed in the bathroom but they are all part of the same towel family. Do your research & purchase on sale! Bloomies had an incredible "friends and family" sale and we hit jackpot! 

We have no need for a "linen" closet, I found this adorable metal basket from West Elm, and voila! A simplified "only keep what we need" towel set. Hudson Park Towel Collection in white and sand, both durable and attractive. No more using "good towels" for the guests. Why not use the nice towels everyday? We deserve it. 



I challenege you to go through your linens and toss out the unnessesary. Doesn't mean you have to buy new towels from Bloomies, but do you really need 20 unmatching towels? Do your laundry more often, take care of what you have and be happy with less. 

Who knows, maybe you can find the meaning of life in that after all. 

xo

Meems

No comments:

Post a Comment