Tuesday, March 26, 2013

MY TUESDAY TRUTH

Over the last 2 years Ive decided to cut out meat, poultry, gluten and dairy from my diet. My decision was based primarily on personal health reasons and a strong disgust for the way animals are treated in factory farms.
 



I'm an imperfect pescatarian. I slip sometimes. & there are times when the “cheese plate” wins. There are times at social gatherings when meat is the only main course and my hunger pangs give in & even when the chocolate lava cake just so happens to overflow into my mouth....ahhh sugar - so good yet so bad.
90% of the time I make the right choices for me. Yes me, not you - not them.. For me.

So, why judge me when I choose a salad over meat? Why judge me when I kindly decline an alcoholic drink or cookie from the office party? Can you let me be?!

 
I cant tell you how many times Ive had people tell me “You are making me feel guilty” or “Its just a taste” or “You are no fun”… I'm sorry, but when did eating a certain food equate to fun?

 
I'm judged from others for treating my body good & choosing health first. Weird huh? No matter how many times I get weird looks when I'm guzzling down a green smoothie, I feel good knowing I'm doing what’s best for me and my body. I don’t push my lifestyle on anyone, if you want to join in with me then kudos to you for making the healthier choice. I don’t preach & I don’t like confrontation. Imagine every time you took a bite of your burger I would make a comment like “Ugh, you are killing yourself” or “Wow, that is gross”! Imagine how annoying that would be…

 
So todays rant is just that. A rant. Take what you want from it but I hope if you are one of those who comment about others eating habits, maybe you will think before you speak.

 
Everyone is entitled to their own. Don’t knock another because its not your way.....  
 
& on that note…. Its time for a salad. Good Day!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment