Thursday, June 6, 2013

ART IT UP ART IT UP

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I first came across photography work by Vincent Laforet on an Art Website and I instantly fell in love. Fast forward to 2 weeks later, I had two of his NYC pieces hanging in my living room. ( See below)
 
Vincent Laforet is a Pulitzer Prize winning photojournalist who was employed by the New York Times for many years, known for shooting gorgeous  unobstructed aerial views.
 
Words by Vincent: I think it’s always important to take a step back in life. That’s one of the main reasons I love aerials and shooting from high elevations – you can appreciate the third dimension in a way that you very seldom have a chance to experience it. Images of people, cities and landscapes from the air tell a unique story about our personal space and how we relate to one another.
 
 
Aerial View of Bryant Park
 
Aerial View of Wollmans Skate Rink in Central Park

 
 
 
Take a minute to go through his website and let the images transport you.....Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment