Wednesday, June 26, 2013

POPEYE WOULD BE PROUD.....




This morning I was craving something warm for breakfast and still wanted to get my usual greens in to kick start my day. I usually make a morning smoothie with the spinach but decided to experiment with pancakes. I added a handful of organic spinach to my blender along with my usual protein pancake mix and voila! It turned out really really good. Don’t knock it until you've tried it!

These were perfectly delicious and easy to make. Plus such a healthy way to start your day.

Spinach Protein Pancakes

Yields: 1 serving (1 Large pancake is how I like to enjoy this)



Ingredients:

1 banana
½ Scoop of Dry Oats
3 egg whites
1 Scoop of Chocolate Whey Protein
Handful of spinach
Handful of Organic Blueberries
1 Scoop of Almond Butter

Directions:

1. Place banana, protein, egg whites, oats and spinach into a blender. Puree until smooth.

2. Pour batter onto a heated skillet and top with fresh blueberries (spray skillet with non stick spray)

3. Flip over once bubbles start to form – Cook on low for about 3 minutes on each side.

4. Remove from heat and top with 1 scoop of Natural Almond Butter & the remaining banana  (or make a chocolate drizzle: mix PB2 chocolate and Greek yogurt together and coat your cakes as seen in the pic above)

& Most importantly, sit back and enjoy your healthy protein vitamin packed breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment