Tuesday, February 4, 2014

LUNCH DATE


A quick post to share. I made the executive decision to take a lunch today. To venture outside of these glass office walls I've lived in for the past almost 10 years & dive into a book I  purchased in between classes late last night. This book came highly recommended to me by a beautiful woman in my life and since I wholeheartedly trust and value her opinion I knew I had to grab this one off the bookshelves. The Barnes and Nobles rep took me directly to the shelf, apparently this has been a business best seller for the past several months.


I have to admit the reviews on this book are quite mixed, even harsh at times. I've only reached the 4th chapter and already I cant seem to put it down. It has been thus far both informative as well as (surprisingly) entertaining. So far, this book has brought to life the true obstacles we face in the work force. Obstacles women might not have even noticed because it's the way we have always known it to be. I've been shaking my head in agreeance and highlighting quotes feverishly. Its my recommendation to you (even though I've yet to finish it) I looking forward to sharing with you some of her words that I enjoyed reading.





LEAN IN with a side serving of Pret's Mediterranean Eggplant Soup 

Saut�ed eggplant + zucchini + yellow squash + green peppers + onions + tomatoes + garlic + olive oil + Mediterranean herbs
 Dairy free  {B7}    Suitable for vegans  {B7}   Suitable for vegetarians  {B7}
Energy Values (calories) per pack90
Protein (g) per pack2
Carbohydrate (g) per pack13
- of which sugars(g)6
Fat (g) per pack4.5
- of which saturates (g)0.5
Dietary Fibre (g) per pack3
Sodium (mg) per pack610
Average weight (g) per pack8 oz


Have you heard of this book? better yet, have you read it? Looking for some of your personal opinions....

xo
Meems



No comments:

Post a Comment