Tuesday, April 29, 2014

QUALITY vs. QUANTITY Challenge





Hello! I have been in such a good mood the past few days, partly because I've overcome a few boulders that violently swept through my life the past few weeks (even months) and I rose above my obstacles. So yeah, I’m feeling really good right now. (It could also have to do with the fact that I’ve been consistently working out the past few months and I'm starting to feel like the healthy woman I used to be)

So, onto today’s post. There was "many a time or two" when I would shop to ease pain. Shop because I had money, shop because I needed it all. The older I get and the more confident I have become, I find the the less I need to shop for. As long as I have quality, abundance doesn't even take a back seat – abundance gets the boot! Quality in food, quality in relationships and friendships. But today's post, I'm talking about  quality in your closet.

I used to have this worry that if someone saw me in the same dress for an event, the sky would just fall. Ok, maybe I'm being a bit over dramatic but truthfully I felt like I had to wear something new to fit in with the “Jones's” or in today’s society… the Kardashian's.

I now recycle my wardrobe options and it pushes me to become creative with what I already own. click here for my previous post on how I do this

Here is the deal, I have a few dresses that I've had for ages and look great. I take care of these pieces and wear them differently each time. When the time comes up for an event, I don’t need to scramble and make a “trendy purchase” or put a dent on my bank account for a this event or that event. I go to my closet and without stress have the most perfect dresses to choose from. Dresses that look great on and and have been tailored for my shape. 

I'm talking about simplifying your wardrobe down to quality pieces.

What's stopping you from creating the wardrobe you want and actually dream about? Is it Fear? The fear of letting go, not having enough clothes? 

Go into your wardrobe and start shopping! Here is how to do this:

Invite your best friend over and make it a fun night. Blast music and sip on a cocktail (sip is the key word)

Empty your closet, shelves and drawers. One by one try every piece on. Label bags or boxes  “sell”, “keep”, “tailor” & “charity”.

If you are in doubt with your items and if your best friend is your size have her try on the “undecided pieces” to see if the item gets kept or given to charity, etc.

Once your bags/boxes have been filled, wipe your closet down. Vacuum the drawers and dust the shelves. Place scented satchels in the corners and start building your wardrobe with quality pieces from your “keep” pile. click here for how I organize my closet

Oh & most importantly read this statement below…. 

via the savvy life 


HOLY MOLY. Does that not make sense or what!?


You can create the wardrobe of your dreams. Keep to good quality pieces that can be interchanged and pieces that highlight your beautiful shape. Rid yourself of pieces that do not flatter and allow space for the good quality items.

The less you keep the more options you have and more outlets of creativity to come through. 

I hope this inspires you to go through your wardrobe and rid your clothing space of junk. I hope you take care of the quality pieces and allow more room for less. 

I'd love to know if you are taking this challenge on! If so, what steps worked for you in simplifying your wardrobe down to the quality pieces?

xo
Meems

c
lick here for an earlier post to help with this process


No comments:

Post a Comment