Friday, January 25, 2013

BIRTHDAY GIRL!




I am so excited to share my birthday brunch with you! This year, I will be celebrating my ten year anniversary of being 21….

I want this year to be special and done from the heart. For me, Im the happiest when I have friends and family over that I can cook for. I put so much love into my food. I want each of my guests to feel special. I just love adding special details and touches to my home for guests to enjoy…Like the special soaps that come out, lit candles in every room, fresh flowers accenting most surfaces and music to match the mood. Most importantly, I always greet my guests with a loving hug and huge Kool-Aid smile as they enter my home.

I decided to keep the party small this year, with a special group of very close friends and family . To me, I consider family my friends….. and friends my family. Everything from the food, drinks and music playlist will be created by me (with the help of my best, Kelly, of course). I chose an all-girls brunch ( which works perfectly for the women that have lil ones) and I will be focusing the celebration around food and ambiance. Lots of fresh flowers and candles scattered all around.

This brunch will be more of a buffet style vs. my usual seated brunches. With limited space in my NYC apt( had to make the most of the space and seating) I chose a finger food menu that will allow people to roam and eat comfortably.


Here is the menu I have chosen - mind you nothing made below is healthy, but this post if a feel good post for the heart not for the waistline ;)


Meem’s Birthday Brunch Selection
Lemon & Ginger Scones

Smoked Salmon and Crème Fraiche Blintzes topped with chive

Roasted Rosemary & Dijon Red Skin Potato Skewers with a Side of Warm Hollandaise Sauce

Baked Fluffy Cheddar Egg Scramble

Baked Challah French Toast Stuffed with Banana and Nutella served with Warm maple syrup and powdered sugar

Rainbow Fruit Skewers with a side of Vanilla Yogurt



Dessert
Red Velvet Cake - Homemade by my beautiful cousin, Kourtney



Spirits & Energy

Grapefruit & OJ Moet Mimosa’s

Sparkling Blood Orange Juice

Hazelnut Coffee & Green Tea’s


& as a special treat, I want my guests to take home something special. I baked British Cranberry scones as a parting gift to remember the day.

Pictures will follow after party.
 
To me there is nothing better than good food & good memories shared with really good women.

Happy Birthday Weekend to me!





No comments:

Post a Comment