Sunday, January 20, 2013

COFFEE TALK


Happy Sunday! & What a beautiful Sunday it is!


I'm about to make a run to the West Side of NYC and head to Home Goods for some shopping. If you have never been to a Home Goods you are missing out. Not kidding. 

So, my next home project is my coffee table slash leather storage unit. I want to update the look of my coffee table and Home Goods is just the place to go. I have some pieces I already own ready to display I need just a few other items to balance them out. 

The coffee table is a piece that takes up a somewhat large area of visual space in your room. The living room for me is my favorite place to gather and I need to clean mine up and make it more appealing.

Here are some simple tips to create an attractive display on your coffee table with items you probably already own:

  1. Add a Tray - Shiny metals and mirrored trays are beautiful when candlelight hits the tray, the light reflects all around and makes your table glow.
  2. Add fresh flowers. Choose colors that are neutral. I prefer a glass vase, so again, it keeps the area open and reflects the candlelight.
  3. Stack several books that both look beautiful and will initiate conversation. Atop the books, you can add a deck of cards, candle or small chachki.                                     
When all else fails and you cant seem to think of what to display, check out these photo inspirations. Remember not to clutter your coffee table and look thru your home before spending your hard earned money.

How beautiful are these rooms?

LOOK THRU YOUR CURRENT BELONGINGS & TRY THIS OUT!

SIMPLE AND CLEAN

LOVE THE TABLE!  KEEPS THE ROOM OPEN AND AIRY 



No comments:

Post a Comment