Friday, January 18, 2013

DREAM ON




As children we all had such dreams of being things like an actress, veterinarian, astronaut, activist, police officer, writer, photographer etc. As we grew older we somehow managed to fall short of our dreams and do a job we may not have true passion for. Now, some of you, the brave ones, actually chased your dream and became exactly what you wanted to be. To those out there, thank you for inspiring others just by your motivation. Big props to you.


I myself am chasing a few dreams I’ve had throughout my life. Some are starting to become successful while others turned into a complete failure. I’m not saying it’s easy. It’s tough.

For instance, I wanted to be a professional dancer. I gave it my all. Trained for over 18 years. But then, life happened, and an injury happened and that was the end of that. On the flip side, this blog, FitnessFits, may not be a big dream to most, but it was my dream - I chased it & I’m doing it. & most importantly it feels amazing. Onto my next dream…..;)

You may doubt yourself at some points and even feel like giving up. & that is OK, as long as you don’t give up until you know you gave every ounce of yourself. People in your life may doubt you, you will have to make sacrifices and people will think you changed..


On the Brightside….You may have cheerleaders in your life. I love these people. People who have believed in you from the get go - these are the ones that you will learn to lean on when you doubt yourself.

As the years go on and we settle into the careers & life we chose, its gets harder to make the change. But not impossible.


It doesn’t matter how big your dream is or what your dream is…. it’s yours and not anyone else’s. Take a chance. At least you know you tried and gave it your all. The last thing you want to do is look back at your life and regret not taking those chances to fulfill a dream.


As Martin Luther King Day approaches, it takes me to this. A man with a dream...
Watch his speech here


I wish you all a wonderful weekend and I hope you take a moment to think about your personal dreams. 





No comments:

Post a Comment