Tuesday, April 23, 2013

PICK ME UP

The Kiwi.... One of my favorite fruits. Ive been feeling a bit sluggish so I figured I needed to boost up my Vitamin C. Eating kiwi fruit is an effective way of getting vitamin C into your body. Kiwi fruit is a very rich source of vitamin C. Plus, its great for the skin...Vitamin C is central to skin care, and it is featured in many commerical skin-care products. Studies have shown that vitamin C promotes the growth of collagen, which is useful in providing both strength and structure to the skin.

With that said....I made myself a Vitamin C protein packed smoothie this morning.....

 
Mar's Protein C Smoothie
1 Handful of Organic Spinach
1 Whole Kiwi
2 tablespoons of Plain Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon of flax seeds
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of water



I added 2 dates to add extra sweetness...

Here is a great tip on peeling your kiwi...Watch video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment