Tuesday, May 7, 2013

GrandMOTHER

 
 
With Mothers day around the corner I’m having mixed feelings…. My grandmother was my mother to me – she was the woman who raised me until my beautiful stepmother came into the mix in my young adult years. It’s a beautiful day to celebrate my stepmother but also a day to remember my grandmother (passed away 2010)…….



I wanted to share with you a few things my grandmother taught me growing up and I will forever keep dear to my heart (some make me laugh)….

1. Make your bed in the morning

2. Always have a fresh pair of underwear and socks available, you never know! (this one still makes me laugh)

3. Be kind to your elders

4.  Relationships take work, nothing in love is ever easy.

5. Be thankful, there are others who have it harder than you

6. Take a walk it clears the head…..

7. Chanel N. 5 Perfume, for your special occasions…..

8. Stay close with your father

9. Listening to music and dancing will keep you young

10. Always tell _____ you love them, you never know when their time is up.


Yes, I'm sitting here laughing and crying as I type this. She was a wonderful woman and you were blessed if you knew her. Let’s switch gears and turn this post into a feel good one. If you’re still looking for a mother’s day gift, below are my favorite pieces from some of my favorite online shops. I hope you make your mothers day special for your mother, grandmother or mother figure......

Mommy Dearest!


No comments:

Post a Comment