Monday, May 6, 2013

LOVE AFFAIR



 


I loved NYC before, but I'm in love with NYC today.

NYC. The city I love – the city I call my intermittent home- maybe permanent one day. A city that helped me grow up and understand others ideas and personalities because there is just no room to hide from them. It’s tough love at its finest.

The diversity, the culture, the vibrancy of the city, the food, the lights, the plethora of parks, the seasons…. Seems that everything here inspires me.

& the people - We walk fast, talk fast and tend to express our opinions without a coat of sugar. No time to add nonsense or pleasantries. & most importantly - A true sense of community on so many levels....

This past weekend I visited both New Jersey and Brooklyn. I have love for both places but there is nothing better than driving back into the Tunnel into my city.


yes, I’ve travelled to other cities and countries. Ive had gelato on the Spanish Steps in Rome, threw back vodka shots and figs in Croatia, tried meat tar tar while bathing in the French Riviera, ran rampant throughout the city of Los Angeles with my best friend. For a moment these places captured my interests. But, they never captured my heart like New York City has. This is where I belong. & it feels so good…….

 


 I hope you enjoyed your weekend and feel the same for your city/town. Nothing feels better than loving home, wherever that may be.... Wishing you a great start to your week! xo M


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment