Monday, June 17, 2013

IM SORRY NEMO!

Protein Pancakes

I  made these burgers for a quick dinner the other night and I wanted to share...... The Mr. said they smelled good, & yet he opted for a plain old chicken and brown rice meal. Go figure. I've come to terms with the fact that I shall never sway his dietary choices. 

Being honest, I had no idea how these  Burgers would turn out. & in the end - I’m happy to say I did it! I was worried there would be a dryness to them, but the opposite was true. The burger texture was soft yet meaty. They held up very well through multiple flips on the griddle.

Meems suggestions - Try swapping the oats with  quinoa for added protein and for those on a budget use Tuna soaked in Water (just make sure to drain the tuna well).

Here’s what I did:
  • 1 5-7 oz organic salmon (you can buy it already baked or throw it in the oven wrapped up in foil and dressed up with EOO and Lemon wedges - bake until cooked to your liking)
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats ( ground up in a blender OR quick oats if easier for you)
  • About 1/3 cup of finely chopped scallions
  • A hhhhhheaping handful of organic spinach (stress the H)
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • Sprinkle of fresh ground pepper 
  • a pinch of low sodium sea salt

Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands. Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Form a palm sized pattie and place on skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes a side until golden.

Top it off with dressing: Mix 2-3 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt mixed with sriracha sauce to act as a spicy mayo substitute. Its awesome!

Enjoy these patties solo for a healthy meal or add a whole grain bun for those not watching their lb's. Top with organic sprouts, red onion and a side of sliced carrots.

& Voila - a healthy, clean and summer friendly meal. 

One more tip - Open the windows and Keep Febreeze handy,  I personally cant stand the smell of cooked eggs and fish. Its really not bad at all, but I'm a drama queen and prefer my home to smell like Voluspa's Macron. 


Showed with tuna


No comments:

Post a Comment