Tuesday, June 18, 2013

OVERLOADED

 
 

 
 
 
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, LinkedIn, Pinterest,  Four square, WordPress, Google+ & Tumblr


I literally was experiencing a social media overload! I would sit on a train and tweet, watch tv and surf instagram looking at people’s meals. While I would shop for a tshirt I would check in with four square & facebook my moods via a quote. It was exhausting. I lost me. I lost quality time with the people I love and I lost sense of reality.

My rhythm was out of wack.



The Break Up


I tore it off like a bandaid. Fast and painless.

I didn’t miss it. Certain people thought something was wrong with me?! Lol. I have to laugh at that.

I finally felt relaxed once I stopped. (although linked in & pinterest remain active for work and my blog)




Although social media has plenty of parts I don’t necessarily prefer, like self-promotion, bragging about one’s material items and negative comments -  there are some good points that I found. I was able to launch my blog and without those social media parts it would have been hard to have access to it. I interacted with friends and family and people I haven seen in years….. but there was the downside that kept returning.



During those times I was hooked, parties became less fun, drinks with friends became an uploading frenzy and funny comments were being thrown out to the world. Nothing remained private & to me privacy is a big deal.

I felt disconnected. 
 
 
My Social Media Vice
 My blog. Its my place for me. Its my personal corner of the Internet where I don’t have to be choked with others political views, traffic rants, weather updates and play by plays of others lives I don't necessarily care about. This may sound harsh, but it's my reality.

There is no negativity here or people being called out and put on blast. Its my positive space. My blog is here to view  - but by your choice. I'm not inundating you with my life.

 
From Meems to you...
If you ever contemplated unplugging from social media, I highly suggest you do so. Call that friend you are looking at on facebook and take a break from all the updates. Place a limit on when you check your media and enjoy more face to face interaction.

Create memories not storage on your machine.

Try it & let me know what you think!
 
~Meems

No comments:

Post a Comment