Wednesday, February 13, 2013

ASH WEDNESDAY




 
Its Ash Wednesday and the Lenten Season is here! The Lenten season is a period of 40 days that in the Catholic Church is devoted to fasting, abstinence & giving up certain types of luxuries as a form of penitence in preparation for Easter. Fridays you are not supposed to eat meat – which is fine for me because I’ve limited my red meat intake to about once a year.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Im blessed with many luxuries, so this one may be quite hard to narrow down. For my boyfriend and I, we decided to  limit our take out dinners  to once a week. As a busy NYC’er its beyond convenient to order your food since the choices and options around us are endless (even living the super healthy lifestyle we do) .  In terms of fasting, I’ve given up Chocolate & Peanut butter. Two of my absolute favorite things in life.


40 days of No chocolate or Peanut butter and only ordering in once a week.
Piece of cake ;) We hope!

I hope you come along for the journey, even if you aren’t Catholic I want you to challenge yourself for 40 days and see how strong you are. Maybe its limiting your drinking to only 1 night a week, maybe its taking out red meat from your diet, or eating a veggie with every meal. Maybe it could be giving up coffee or working out every morning. Maybe its not shopping for clothes for the next 40 days and use what you have or maybe its bringing lunch to work every day instead of buying lunch.
 
Try it. Its good for you, your heart, your soul and your mind.  See how strong you really are.
 
Let me know what you’ve decided to remove for the next 40 days and challenge yourself with.
 
Have a beautiful day! xxoo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment