Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TABATA TUESDAYS!







If you live in the tri state area you know that the past few days have been cold, snowy and wet. Days like this, its hard to make it out of bed let alone get your gym clothes on and gather enough motivation to actually make it out! Personally, I love the gym.  Time in the gym is my time. No work. No school. Nobody but me and me alone for one hour. How sweet it is!

However, for people who already don’t like the gym – add on top of that the recent bad weather…. it literally makes it  impossible to get motivated and head out the door. So, for those people that haven’t left there couch and keep watching Real Housewives of Somecrazy here is my Living Room Tabata Routine.

I want you to clear out space in your living room, blast your favorite music and do this routine twice. When you’re done you will be so proud that you chose to feel good over being lazy. Let me know how it goes!

If your not familiar with the exercises, Google the workout beforehand for instructions on how to perform each exercise. Note - Im not in any way shape or form a trainer, this is just something I personally love to do.

USE APP - To get the most out of this workout I suggest downloading an interval timer on your smart phone. I use Seconds Pro and customize each timer for all my tabata workouts (pretty sure it cost around $1.99)

Remember, breathe through every exercise and stretch when completed.


30 Second Mountain Climbers
20 Second Rest
30 Second Alternating Rear Lunges
20 Second Rest
30 Second Alternating Front Lunges
30 Burpees
20 Second Rest
30 Second V Ups
20 Second Rest
30 Second Bicycles (abs)
20 Second Rest
30 Second Pushups
20 Second Rest
30 Second Standing Squats
20 Second Rest

2 Minute REST & REPEAT (TOTAL OF 2 TIMES)

Good Luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment