Monday, February 11, 2013

SWEET GEORGIA BROWN!!!


Photo by Caitsplate


One of my all time favorite BAD foods is Cajun Sweet Potatoe Fries dipped in Spicy Mayo. Fries dipped in mayo is a southern thing. I once learned this back in grade school, a fellow ballerina in my class was from the Carolina's and had told me down south, mayo is the ish. Not sure if its true but I can say this, I was hooked form the first fatty dip!

Fries in mayo? Sounds gross because well it is. Its full of lard, grease, sodium, cholesterol... I can keep going if you would like?

What if I told you I can offer you this dish without all that fat and crap that you get from your traditional fries and still taste just as good! Well I can, keep reading.......

I want you to open your mind and heat your oven!!!!
BAKED SPICY SWEET POTATOE FRIES WITH A SPICY  DIP.

Just trust me on this one. Lets go!

POTATOES FRIES  INGREDIENTS:
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes   (cut up into matchsticks (I keep the peels on)
1 Tbsp. Grape Seed Oil or Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Low Sodium Salt
½ tsp.  Chili powder OR my fav - Ground Chipolte Chili
½ tsp. Black Pepper

POTATOES - HOW-TO’S:
Preheat oven to 450°F
Foil up your baking sheet
Cut em Slice em  & Dice em
Place In a large bowl  & drizzle oil over and coat well
Toss in dry ingredients & mix well
Make  sure to watch the potates as they are baking, turn if  to prevent them from burning
Should bake for about 15 - 20 mins. Flip carefully and leave enough room for each fry.

Your home will smell amazing!
SPICY DIP SAUCE - INGREDIENTS:
1 small container of Greek Yogurt
1 small garlic clove minced
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime-juice
2 - 3 Tbsp sriracha chili sauce (to taste)
pinch of low sodium salt

Enjoy! Not only will they taste great, they will satisfy your craving and they are packed with good stuff like potassium, vitamin c, vitamin d, and iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment