Wednesday, February 20, 2013

BOOST DAY WEDNESDAY!






Happy Hump Day! Now…. I don’t want to scare you but we are about 120 days away from summer. Bikinis, shorts, tank tops.... Are you ready? Be honest, a lot of you have found it to hard to find any motivation to get up and work out. Here are some sure fire tips that work for me each time I need the extra push. Let me know how it goes and hopefully one of these will help you get your butt moving!!!!

 
1.      Blast Music! Yes, music is the answer for me. When I get home from work, exhausted& stressed out from the chaos of the day and the crazies of the subway  I immediately throw on feel good music and its like a cup of coffee to my soul. Personally, dance music gets my heart beating and the minute I’m in good spirits I can envision myself working out to the music.

 
2.     Dress the part! Yes, I know. I hear it all the time… “I hate girls that go to the gym in makeup and look cute” Are you kidding? Why not look cute for yourself! Buy a cute gym outfit that brightens your mood and rock it. Listen, many times after a full day of work and class I go immediately to the gym and my hair still looks good as does my day makeup. I do a quick removal of my face makeup to keep my skin clean but I keep my eye makeup intact. No I’m not trying to impress anyone but myself. But maybe dressing the part and feeling good at the start of your workout is the push that some of you need.

 
3.     Eyes on the prize! Keep your goal in mind at all times.I keep a motivational quote on my phone for me to see every time I look at it. I also keep motivational quotes placed strategically in my office and home. There are ones on the Refrigerator, computer, tucked in my wallet and makeup bin. Wherever you go and need to read something to remind you that you are able to attain whatever goal you have in mind - Keep it readily available to read!

 
4.    Last but not least….Give yourself more credit. When you want to throw in the towel, DON’T. Don’t give up on yourself – push through it even on your crappiest days and when you leave be proud that you did it. Don't give up on you. Every step counts.

 

Hope you all have a beautiful day! Keep it Fit!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment