Tuesday, February 19, 2013

GIVING INTO MY CRAVINGS!

This is odd. I'm craving veggies and fruit. Normally, I crave peanut butter....
 
Well, its been about a week now since Lent began and I gave up my chocolate, nuts & nut butters & so far I'm alot better than  I  had expected.
 
One thing Ive learned about living a healthy lifestyle is that your body craves what you put into it. Lately, Ive been eating alot more veggies & fruits and recently decided to eliminated poultry for a bit (sometimes I feel like my body just needs a break). So, Ive been craving salads, avocados and veggie juices. Sounds weird, I know - but don't knock it until you try it. 

What are your healthy cravings?

My food diary today.....(note - appetite seems to be lighter today)
 
Breakfast - Half an avocado & 3 egg whites
Snack - Banana
Lunch - Lentil CousCous Salad over Arugula and Kale, Cucumber, Spinach Lemon and Apple Juice
Snack - Strawberry Vegan Protein Shake
Dinner - Half an Avocado and Steamed Tilapia
*I'm not a nutritionist, I simply feed my body what it is craving

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment