Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A TIME FOR REFLECTION




Its Ash Wednesday and the Lenten Season is here! The Lenten season is a period of 40 days in the Catholic Church which is devoted to fasting, abstinence & giving up certain types of luxuries as a form of penitence in preparation for Easter. Fridays you are not supposed to eat meat – which is fine for me because I’m back to being pescatarian.


I’m blessed with many luxuries, so this will be easy to narrow down. In terms of fasting, I’ve given up Chocolate & Simple Sugars. 40 days of No Simple Sugar or Chocolate. Piece of cake! I'm also going spend free. Which is essentially no personal purchases (unless a necessary item) for the next 40 days. This means no clothing, makeup, products or home decor for the next 40 days.

I hope you come along for the journey, even if you aren’t Catholic I want you to challenge yourself for 40 days and see how strong you are. Maybe its limiting your drinking to only 1 night a week, maybe you decide to take out red meat from your diet, or eating a veggie with every meal. Maybe it could be giving up coffee or start working out every morning. Maybe halt your clothes shopping for the next 40 days and use what you have.

Try it. This is good for your heart, your soul and your mind. See how strong you really are.


Ash Wednesday a day that reminds us were not here forever, and challenges us to live the very best everyday.

Let me know what you’ve decided to remove or refrain from for the next 40 days. Id love to hear!

Have a beautiful day!

 x0
Meems

No comments:

Post a Comment