Tuesday, March 4, 2014

LUXURIOUS SKIN treatment for less






I absolutely love to bake during the holidays, I bake for my friends, my family and I bake just to bake. By the time the holidays are over with I have so much left over sugar. We don't typically use sugar in our home (except for the month of December) and I always have a plethora of sugar left over the holidays. Since I refuse to let anything go to waste,  I can usually find a way to get another use out of most items and products in my home. Sugar is just one of them.

With that said, I want to share a quick and su(ga)re fire way to get your skin as soft as humanly possible without spending a dollar. Yep, no cost. 

Here is how:


WHAT YOU WILL NEED:


2 1/2  cups sugar (white or brown)

1/2 cup coconut oil (you can use olive oil or almond oil whichever you have on hand)
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice 
1 teaspoon orange zest - optional  (you can even try using essential oils, maybe lavender or peppermint) 

This step is optional & entirely up to you. I prefer to blend my white sugar in a processor and get the sugar as fine as possible. I feel it makes for a better scrub, but again.... its totally optional. Now.....


1. Mix sugar and oil in a bowl - Add a bit of oil at a time, you may not need all that is called for. Just enough to make it moist but not runny.
2. Drizzle lemon juice over sugar and oil mix. Add orange zest and pour mixture into a pint jar. 

& that is it. Quite simple.

HOW TO USE: Mix and apply to dry skin. I like to do this in the shower before I turn the water on. Just massage it in, taking extra time on elbows, feet and any other rough areas. Rinse with warm water. Pat a little coconut oil on your skin before you dry off and you aren't going to believe how soft your skin is.

That's it. Such an economical yet luxurious treat for your beautiful skin. A personalized sugar scrub created with ingredients you can pronounce and for the most part free (if you have these ingredients). 

Halt spending your hard earned money on expensive products, go into your medicine cabinet and kitchen cabinets and make something organic. Its good for the wallet, environment and most importantly you.


xo
Meems

No comments:

Post a Comment