Sunday, March 9, 2014

THIS & THAT

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, it is a rarity that I post on weekends. I'm normally too busy enjoying life but this weekend has been spent behind a computer studying and writing papers. I needed another break so this is the perfect time to share with you a few randoms. 


This is the place where I get lost in my books.....Keeping fresh flowers bedside is a simple luxury that makes for waking up on cold NYC mornings so much easier.


Freshly laundered linens and a view of my side of the bed. Collette Bed by Crate and Barrel with Hudson Sheets (gray stitching) from here. The down comforter inside the duvet is my favorite part of our bed. You can get it here. The lamp I wanted here was found at Home Goods for $300 less. Insane. I paid $39. You don't have to spend tons of money, find something you love and if it is too much money .....research for something similar  :)

His side of the bed.... These 3 left over fabric swatches I used on my monochromatic white frame gallery are now being  used as coasters for the bedroom. The fabrics are beautiful in person and the colors go well with our bedroom. Zinc furniture nightstand and dresser here.  Glad we had extra left over! Frugality is not for the unhappy... :) Oh and a plus, they are washable!


500 Metro Card piece puzzle with the Mr. 


We made progress! Hey, progress is progress. lol

Our Coffee Table can be found here. The Mr. is reading The 4 Hour Work Week.... have you read this?



A quick and healthy dinner....

Meems (Thrown Together) Organic Spinach & Portobello Mushroom Whole Grain Lasagna
  • Organic Mushrooms (2 packs)
  • Bag of Organic Spinach
  • Organic Tofu ( package - wash well with cold water)
  • 1 bag of organic mozzarella cheese
  • 1 Egg
  • Organic Ricotta
  • 1 small salted Mozzarella Ball
  • Hodgson Mills Whole Grain Lasagna
  • 28 oz Brads Organic Tomato & Basil Sauce


1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cook Lasagna in pot for about 7 - 9 mins. Drain and rinse well with cold water - place on glass plate before using (keeps from sticking)
3. Cook Mushrooms with a few drops of Olive Oil - add Italian seasonings
4. In a bowl mix package of tofu with ricotta, one egg and Italian seasonings. Add salt and pepper and garlic powder.

In a 13 by 9 pan add sauce on the bottom, layer pasta then ricotta/tofu mixture top it with mushrooms and freshly chopped spinach and repeat. Sprinkle Mozzarella shreds on top of last layer and slice up the mozzarella ball and place on top. 

Cover with foil and cook for 30 mins, remove foil and cook for 10 mins to make crispy. Enjoy!



Music while I cook....the piano, the lyrics the video...enjoy






& Last but not least!



My OCD Household List. We keep this on the side of the refrigerator and when we are out of a product or food item we put a check on the list. When it is time to go shopping this list keeps us focused on what we need and helps me from straying and overspending. I suggest you create a similar list with what your family uses and the next time you need to go shopping it will take out the guessing and overspending. Try it! Sure, I may be a crazy list maker but you wont be calling me crazy when you see how well it works for you.

What have you been up to this weekend?

xo
Meems

See you tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment