Wednesday, December 5, 2012

BEAT THE HOLIDAY POUNDAGE....



The holidays are my absolute favorite time of year. However, they can be torture for people that are trying to lose weight. I think most people's complaints are the extra LB’s that sneak up on them around The most hap -happiest season of all…. That aint so happy huh?

Here are a few things that have worked for me:

1.  Make a list and check it twice! Logging down your fitness and weight goals daily will keep you accountable. Its all about accountability
 
2.   Don’t go to a holiday party and eat like your headed to the electric chair! Prepare a small snack with protien and good carbs an hour before your party that way you won’t  feel bloated in your dress attire &  more importantly you wont devour the trays of goodies.

      Should you decide to eat a full meal at a party try my plate ration 60/30/10
     60% crudites/veggies
                                     30% Protein (chicken skewers/shrimp)
                         10% Grain (rice, pasta, potatoes etc.)
*Note - Being a pescatarian I tend to eat more veggies, so for those who eat meat I recommend more protein for example: 40% Veggie/40% Protein 20% grain


3.  Keep your drinks to a minimum! I know how hard this can be. But, the more you drink the more you will eat. Your judgment will be compromised and those cookies will be inhaled. Try drinking a water or seltzer in between each alcoholic beverage. Plus, the more water you drink the less sluggish you will feel the next morning as water does lesson the effects of a hangover.

Last but certainly not least…..     
                                                                       
4.   Don’t give into pressure! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been told “its just a bite”, sure that one bite won’t kill me but me NOT having that one bite won’t kill you. Just because you are offered homemade treats, doesn't mean you have to take it. Politely say "Those look delicious, but Ill pass on them". Thank you. Most likely, their feelings will not be hurt. Do what you need to do to set yourself up for your own personal success.

Keep it Fit!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment